If you'd like to provide updated information and do not have access to directly edit, please contact the site admin; thanks!
I have written a small plugin to view my flickr.com pictures in textpattern.
If you find a bug or want a feature to be added, just ask.
Explanation for those of you who do not know what flickr is:
Flickr is a photo service which offers ways to upload, organize and manipulate images in many ways.
For example you can directly export your iPhoto albums to flickr.com.
Afterwards, you can see your pictures on flickr.com, various blogging systems and now on textpattern.
This method has many advantages over other textpattern galleries.
- You don’t have to patch your textpattern installation.
- Batch uploading has never been so simple. flickr.com offers many tools for Mac and Windows.
- flickr.com takes care of resizing.
- If you decide to move from textpattern to let’s say wordpress, your images are still there.
So for me this was the easiest way to set up a photo gallery without having to patch my textpattern installation. This is especially an advantage if you are using subversion.
- Create a new section which will later hold your Gallery.
- Create a new article with only the following text in it:
<txp:vdh_flickr email="testtest.com” />@
Of course you have to replace the email value by your own data from flickr.com.
Also notice that there should be two spaces before the txp-tag to prevent textpattern from wrapping the gallery in p-tags.
Note: Since version 0.4 it is possible to specify email in the vdh_flickr source code. This makes sense if you are using several galleries or vdh_flickr-tags on your site.
- Save the article in the section you created in the first step.
- Point your browser to http://yourdomain.com/gallerysection (or http://yourdomain.com/?s=gallerysection).
You should see a preview pic for all your sets. If you click on one of the pics, you should see a thumbnail overview of the selected set. If you click on one of the thumbnails, you should see the pic in 640Ã—480.
As of version 0.6 vdh_flickr runs on BOTH php5 (with simplexml enabled) AND php4.3 (with dom xml enabled).
I tested this with php 5.0.3 and php 4.3.11.
In order to use this with php4, you must specify use_php4=1 like this (you can also change this in the source code)
There is also tag support. The pics in “CeBIT ’05” and “Winter 2005 Hohenlimburg” (on the Demo Site linked above) have tags shown at the bottom of the pics, which are clickable to get all pictures with this tag.
Furthermore, you can directly select pictures by tag with vdh_flickr_thumbnails.
Version 0.7.1 handles complete downtimes (no xml at all) and xml error messages. So no ugly php error any more (when flickr.com is down).
See further instructions at the Information URL below.