Customisable via preferences: choose a theme, font-size and full-screen hot-keys.
- Adds CodeMirror syntax-highlighting to textareas in Textpattern’s Forms, Pages and Style tabs;
- Basic preferences via Admin > Preferences > Advanced;
- Code-completion added to HTML & CSS courtesy of Emmet.
Upgrading from previous versions
- This version of the plugin (1.0) requires version 5.0 of CodeMirror. If you have an older installation, trash it.
- Download the latest release of CodeMirror, unzip, and upload the entire directory (perhaps renaming it to ‘codemirror’) to your web server.
- The default location is your-web-root/codemirror – accessible via http://your.server/codemirror.
- If you chose an alternative location (e.g. a ‘vendor’ directory) you need to set it in the Prefs.
- Install the plugin: spf_codemirror.txt from the spf_codemirror repo.
- Check the Prefs (Admin > Preferences > Advanced), leave Emmet disabled (see next step), and activate.
- Download emmet.min.js from the spf_codemirror repo – or build your own with npm and gulp
- Put emmet.min.js inside your codemirror directory. That’s it.
- Emmet is disabled by default (for speed).
- You can enable/disable it in the Prefs (Admin > Preferences > Advanced).
- You can now easily upgrade CodeMirror (5.0 as of March 2015).
- Download the latest release, unzip, and replace your old codemirror directory.
- To upgrade Emmet, go to the CodeMirror plugin repo, and follow the build instructions. Make sure the js file in minified and named emmet.min.js.
- Upload emmet.min.js to the codemirror directory on your server – replacing your previous version.
- Initiate completion by hitting TAB (or Cmd+E).
- Try typing this:
div#page>div.logo+ul#navigation>li*5>aand then TAB.
- Works with opening and closing Textpattern tags (try typing
txp:if_sectionand then TAB).
- CSS shortcuts work even better with Emmet* – try typing m and then TAB in Styles.
- Emmet documentation.
1.0 – March 2015
- Changes for CodeMirror 5.0
- Added support for Plugin Composer (add a commented PHP tag: //
- Removed Minify support
- Enable or disable Emmet (for speed)
0.9 – October 2014
- Changes for CodeMirror 4.6
0.8 – January 2013
- Changes for CodeMirror 3.1 & Emmet 1.3.3
- Fixed search in full-screen mode.
0.7 – November 2012
- Code clean-up, CSS tweaks & Emmet documentation.
0.6 – November 2012
- Re-written for Textpattern 4.5.1.
- Upgraded to CodeMirror 2.35 and Emmet.
- Full-screen support – hit F5 (and Esc to exit).
- Basic preferences via Admin > Preferences > Advanced.
- CodeMirror folder structure now mirrors standard CodeMirror for easy upgrades.
- Automatic Minify support.
0.5 – May 2012
- CSS support for Zen Coding within style tags.
0.4 – May 2012
- Added code block indicators:
- Code cleanup.
0.3 – May 2012
- Added Zen Coding code completion to Pages and Forms (HTML).
- Upgraded to CodeMirror 2.25.
0.2 – May 2012
- Changed load order (to allow interaction with other plugins).
0.1 – May 2012
- first release.