If you'd like to provide updated information and do not have access to directly edit, please contact the site admin; thanks!
This plugin allows to modify user level privileges (sorry, no single user privileges) with the help of a graphic interface located under the “extensions” tab.
You can choose to hide (or show) entire admin tabs (or sub-tabs) for every privilege level (“designer”, “staff writer”, etc.) defined in the “users” tab.
Moreover you can set other privileges (all normally hard coded in the “admin_config” file) such as “can edit article” or “can edit own article” or “can edit own published article” and so on.
Ok, nothing special really (even if it was not so easy task for me), all in all it simply avoids to have to hack admin_config.php and it just adds an interface to the existing plugin tame_privs (which does the same thing but is a little raw cos it requires to change plugin’s code by hand). Maybe someone will find it useful.
The plugin creates his own table so it doesn’t mess with anything in the db. It provides also an option to remove the installation table and to reset privs to their default state.
- Slight code change. This doesen’t introduce new ‘official’ features but let’s you easily hack the plugin to add new privileges
- Fixes a bug with the privileges added by txp 4.2.0
- This version works only with Txp 4.2.0. – for previous versions use v. 0.2.
- More privileges are added following the changes in admin_config.php
- I’ve removed the sloppy “can see all articles” feature added by me in v. 0.2. If you need such functionality use this plugin by Variaas instead