GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET Library
PDF, Office & Image Annotation Widget for TextPattern
GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET is a lightweight Office documents, image & PDF annotation library (DLL) designed as a middleware for easy integration into any .NET (C#, VB.NET) app, website or CMS. This plugin integrates the library into TextPattern CMS and enables users to annotate different types of documents and images right on your website.
Key Features & Benefits
1. Multiple File Format Support. To name a few, the library allows users to annotate PDF files, Microsoft Word documents, PowerPoint slides, Excel spreadsheets, Visio diagrams, CAD drawings and raster images.
2. Cross-Platform Compatibility. Users don’t have to worry about whether they have the software required to open a document – documents embedded to your website can be viewed and annotated from any web-enabled device and using any standard web-browser, such as IE8+, Chrome, FireForx, Opera or Safari5+.
3. Real-Time Annotation Mode. GroupDocs.Annotation allows several users to annotate the same document at a time. Users can invite partners, colleagues or customers to review and annotate a document online, see each other’s comments and reply to them in real time.
4. Comprehensive Set of Annotation Tools. The library provides users with over 14 annotation tools, including: sticky notes, arrows, rectangles, polylines, text underline/strikethrough, watermarks, redaction, ruler, etc. Annotations placed on Word and PDF documents via GroupDocs.Annotation are compatible with native Microsoft Word and PDF annotations. This allows users to save Word and PDF documents annotated online with added annotations for further offline editing.
5. Advanced Document Security. GroupDocs.Annotation converts documents to a web-compatible content on the server side and then streams it to user browsers. Original documents are not transferred to user machines during annotation sessions. And thanks to the in-built DRM (Digital Rights Management) feature, GroupDocs.Annotation allows you to prevent users from coping, downloading and printing the documents your share for a review. Additionally, you can apply custom watermarks and hide sensitive data using the redaction tool.
Before you proceed, please be aware that this plugin requires the GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET library to be installed on your server. For more details on the library and to download a free evaluation copy, please visit GroupDocs website: