A conditional container tag to serve content to EU visitors only (e.g. a cookie-prompt: see usage notes below) or non-EU visitors (via
<txp:else />) tag.
Update (May 2016) – use oui_cookie, it’s much better.
- DOWNLOAD and unzip.
- Upload the ‘geoip’ directory to your web root.
- Install and activate this plugin – spf_if_eu.txt.
- The plugin is intended to be used on page templates (e.g. to serve a cookie prompt such as cPrompt or my forked version – but can also be used in articles and forms.
- Content within
<txp:spf_if_eu> ... </txp:spf_if_eu>tags will only be served to visitors from the EU.
<txp:else />tag can also be used to serve content only to non-EU visitors.
- Country detection is via MaxMind’s GeoIP database – it (very occasionally) makes errors.
- Not tested on Texpattern < 4.4.1 and PHP < 5.
0.2 – 26 August 2012
- Optimised (thanks Jukka).
0.1 – June 2012
- First release.
Article Request Count:
Initially released:June 2012
Posted here:09 Jun 2012
Article modified:28 May 2016